Thursday, September 26, 2013

Judith Wyder: A moment, a comment...



At that moment I was thinking a lot about the World Champs in Finland. My feelings were divided because there is nothing better and more emotional than running into the finish with your happy teammates. At the same time I wished I would have done that at WOC after a similar good race.

World Games were special in many ways. We had such a great time there with our little swiss team. People in Colombia are so nice, the terrain, I must admit, was more a jungle than a gorgeous forest but still I will remember that week in Cali forever.

Relay is something magic. When I stand on the starting line, I run for me, for my teammates and also for all the swiss guys who would love to run this relay, knowing that everyone is a part of the result in the end. Fighting until the end is much easier for me at such races.

If I would have the option of running one distance at future competitions, I would choose the relay because of these big emotions and the feeling when everything goes well, like at World Games.”

Judith Wyder, Switzerland
[2013.08.04 - Next to the Mixed Relay's Finish; World Games, Cali, Colombia]

Photo: Swiss Orienteering Team / https://www.facebook.com/SwissOrienteeringTeam

1 comment:

  1. I must admit, was more a jungle than a gorgeous forest but still I will remember that week in Cali forever.games

    ReplyDelete