Tuesday, May 19, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Nina Hoffmann (Denmark)




Name: Nina Hoffmann
Age: 42
Home location: Slagelse, Denmark
Profession and educational background: Health consultant, Physiotherapist.
Years in sport of any kind: I've done orienteering almost all my life, having started off in the pram doing foot-O with my grandma. I've tried Biathlon orienteering and Trail-O as well, and was on the national Biathlon-O team for some years. I've also done gymnastics at competition level.
Years in MTBO: Since 2008/9
What got you started: The European Championship in Denmark.
Other personal information you would like to share: I'm lucky to be blessed with three kids - One girl and two boys (aged 10, 7 and 5).
IOF World Ranking: 18th position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 10th position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- The World Championship in Hungary 2012 was quite special to me. Really never thought that I would have a chance of being at Top 10 or get the podium in the individual competitions. But I had really good races overall and ended up getting a bronze Medal in the Middle Distance. The race was really close and I was actually 4th at the last control.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- My life.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- Quality over Quantity.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- My primary goal this year is the Relay with the girls. Individually I'm going for the perfect race.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- To push as fast as possible without making mistakes. Focus, focus, focus!

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- To be on the podium with the girls in the Relay.

Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
- I don't have a saying or motto, but I do try to look on the bright side of life and remember to appreciate the small things in life and the lovely people I'm blessed with.

Anything else you’d like to share?
- Nope, but always ready for a chat if anyone wants to know more.

[Photo credits: Tomas Kafka]
Joaquim Margarido
  

No comments:

Post a Comment