Friday, June 12, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Anton Foliforov (Russia)




Name: Anton Foliforov
Age: 28
Home location: Kovrov, Russia
Profession and educational background: Sportsman, Kovrov State Technological Academy
Years in sport of any kind: Since 1997.
Years in MTBO: Since 2003.
What got you started: The road cycling.
IOF World Ranking: 1st position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 2nd position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- My first gold medal in relay in the WMTBOC 2009, in Israel. I was riding on the third leg. After two legs our team was 6 minutes behind the leading team, but I was able to win the race. That was very unexpected for me!

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- I always want to do my best in every race.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- The wish to train and a competent coach.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- Get a gold! I have never won in the European Championships.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- Keep cool-headed. I must think only about the race and nothing else.

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- Get the podium in the World Championships and the World Cup overall.

Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
- No matter how fast you go to the purpose, you must not stop!

[Photo courtesy: Anton Foliforov]
Joaquim Margarido

No comments:

Post a Comment