Sunday, June 07, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Jiří Hradil (Czech Republic)




Name: Jiří Hradil
Age: 29
Home location: Zlín, Czech Republic
Profession and educational background: Technical University in Brno, currently working as a bike mechanic at ForRide.cz.
Years in sport of any kind: 20 years.
Years in MTBO: 13 years.
What got you started: I just wanted to try it.
IOF World Ranking: 3rd position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 12th position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- Being the fastest finisher at the 5 days of competition, in Pilsen.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- From my team colleague, Ivo Odvárka.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- This season I haven't achieved any big success so far.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- I hope I will have some success there. I would like to ride as fast as I can with no mistakes. If not, I would like to enjoy this week as a holiday.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- My biggest challenge is running a clean race, with no mistakes.

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- I'm looking forward to getting a medal.

[Photo courtesy: Jiří Hradil]
Joaquim Margarido

No comments:

Post a Comment