Monday, June 01, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Ruslan Gritsan (Russia)




Name: Ruslan Gritsan
Age: 36
Home location: Moscow, Russia
Profession and educational background: Sports coach, Moscow Regional Institute of Physical Culture.
Years in sport of any kind: 25 years.
Years in MTBO: Since 2002.
What got you started: I did Ski-o and I became World Champion in 2005 [at Levi/Kittilä, Finland]. But then the problems with my back began to limit me in skiing. So, I decided to try MTBO.
Other personal information you would like to share: I’m a little bit different from the other bikers because my right eye is unable to see. That is why I prefer uphills, not downhills (laughs).
IOF World Ranking: 2nd position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 25th position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- My first two gold medals in the WMTBOC 2015, in Banska Bystrica, were unexpected and the most fun for me.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- My defeats inspire me.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- A good coach and hard work.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- To be among the best riders.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- The training for a long time before competitions.

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- To reach the podium, both in EMTBOC and WMTBOC.

Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
- Don’t ride faster than your head thinks!

[Photo credits: Alexey Smirnov]
Joaquim Margarido  

No comments:

Post a Comment