Thursday, June 04, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Tatiana Repina (Russia)




Name: Tatiana Repina
Age: 24
Home location: Moscow, Russia
Profession and educational background: Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Computers Science
Years in sport of any kind: 17 years.
Years in MTBO: 11 years.
What got you started: My first contact with a bike was at the age of 4. I didn't have my own bike, but I was eager to learn to ride. So, I borrowed a bike from an unknown girl and rode without assistance until I mastered riding. Besides, I did various kinds of sport such as swimming, athletics, Foot-O and Ski-O. Orienteering has been the best for me, so when I found out about MTBO I realized: “That’s it!”
IOF World Ranking: 7th position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 30th position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- The Gold medal at the World Championships last year in Poland. I had this dream of becoming World Champion and, finally, I achieved it.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- From people close to me. I feel their support and it helps me to keep going.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- Listen to your body and your coach.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- I prefer not to talk about my goals. You know, it’s like a bad omen to reveal your plans for the future. However – believe me! - my goals are always ambitious.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- My biggest challenge is to cope with my own thoughts during competitions, keep calm and be concentrated and focused on what to do and how to do it. Before the start, I listen to music and mentally pronounce my future actions during the race. At this point I always become a very solitary and reserved person.

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- Take a look at my previous answer about the European Championships.

Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
- Believe in yourself and you’ll be invincible!

[Photo credits: Anastasia Bolshova]
Joaquim Margarido
  

No comments:

Post a Comment