Saturday, June 06, 2015

EMTBOC 2015: Meet Yoann Garde (France)




Name: Yoann Garde
Age: 31
Home location: Pélussin, France
Profession and educational background: Fruit juice producer.
Years in sport of any kind: I have always done sports and I started doing Foot orienteering in 1993.
Years in MTBO: Training since 2007 but my first race was in 1998.
What got you started: I was in the French Team B in Foot orienteering but after many injuries I decided to try MTBO.
Other personal information you would like to share: With Hana, we have a beautiful daughter, Alena.
IOF World Ranking: 18th position
MTBO World Cup 2015: 5th position



What is your best moment in MTB Orienteering so far?
- So many good moments!!... I was in my best shape in the World Cup in Poland 2012. But the World Championships in Italy were really good also.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- I like outdoor sports and I have to add the good atmosphere in the French team.

What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
- I like doing different sports (Foot-O, MTBO and cycling). I usually meet the road bike club in Pelussin, for training.

What are your goals for the European Championships, in Portugal?
- To have fun and do my best.

What is your biggest challenge in the competition, and how do you intend to manage it?
- To keep a clear mind and strong legs, specially with lots of climbing.

What would be your ultimate achievement for the season?
- A podium in the European or the World Championships.

Anything else you’d like to share?
- I want to thank to all my family and my training partner's, and especially to my parents for their help with Alena.

[Photo credits: Hana Garde]
Joaquim Margarido

No comments:

Post a Comment