Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Jonas Leandersson: A moment, a comment...



“When I woke up I was told we were in the lead. It was great to see all guys running so well, being offensive and following our plan.

The race itself was a great experience and I tried to just enjoy going out in the lead with Kalevan Rasti. Early on in the race I focused a lot on making the perfect technical race, but when I made a small mistake I saw Eskil from IFK Göteborg in front of me in the forest. After about half the course we caught up with Kalevan and Thierry again, and I thought to myself that this will be a fight till the very end.

At the end of the race I put my focus on staying close to Eskil. The plan was to be the first one to punch at the last control, but it turned out to be Eskil's plan too. Even though he punched first, I knew that there was still a chance if I just pushed hard enough the last 100 meters. And after that no one could say who will be the strongest; sometimes you got all the extra power you need, and sometimes you don’t. Fortunatly, this time I did the strongest finish.

The moment when I crossed the finish line and realized that we were the winners of 10mila 2016 was one of the best moments of my career so far. I just went with the moment, screaming out the happiness and the relief I felt inside of me. To be able to do this together with the guys and the club is just fantastic.”


Jonas Leandersson, Sweden
2016.05.15 – 10MILA 2016, Falun-Borlänge, Sweden

[Photo: Stina Loman / orientering.se]

No comments:

Post a Comment