On the second day of the World MTB Orienteering Championships WMTBOC 2016, took place the Unofficial Mass Start. A total of 203 athletes participated in a competition where Davide Machado and Monica Aguilera were the winners in the Elite.
After having been the stage of a model race thinking on the WMTBOC 2016, in March 2015, the beautiful region of Luso, in the municipality of Mealhada, hosted today the Unofficial Mass Start, in which participated a little over two hundred athletes. In the Men Elite class, the Portuguese Davide Machado was the strongest, finishing his course in 54:00, with an advantage of 2:02 over the second classified, the Norwegian Hans Jorgen Kvåle. In the Women Elite, the Spanish Monica Aguilera registered the time of 1:02:30, reaching a four minutes victory on the british Clare Dallimore.
Leonid Tsevtkov and Uliana Sukholovskaya won the Junior classes and the winners in the M/W17 classes were, respectively, the Czech Jan Hasek and the Swedish Erica Olsson.
1. Davide Machado (Portugal) 54:00 (+ 00:00)
2. Hans Jorgen Kvåle (Norway) 56:02 (+ 02:02)
3. Anton Foliforov (Russia) 57:54 (+ 03:54)
4. João Ferreira (Portugal) 1:00:52 (+ 06:52)
5. Luis Barreiro (Portugal) 1:01:15 (+ 07:15)
6. Kevin Haselsberger (Austria) 1:01:51 (+ 07:51)
1. Monica Aguilera (Spain) 1:02:30 (+ 00:00)
2. Clare Dallimore (Great Britain) 1:06:37 (+ 04:07)
3. Marina reiner (Austria) 1:12:37 (+ 10:07)
4. Naoko Kano (Japan) 1:14:32 (+ 12:02)
5. Tania Covas Costa (Portugal) 1:16:26 (+ 13:56)
6. Rachel Furman (United States) 1:16:38 (+ 14:08)
To see the complete results and for further information, please visit the event's webpage at http://mtbo16.fpo.pt/.