Krešo Keresteš was the big winner of the Autumn TrailO, event that called to Trzin, Slovenia, a total of 28 participants from four countries. With the Croatia-Italy-Slovenia Trophy 2016 close to its end, the Italian Remo Madella keeps the lead.
Important axis of TrailO worldwide, Slovenia attended last weekend an important event. Trzin, Slovenia, was the epicentre of all emotions, with a TempO stage held in the city and a PreO stage in the mountains of Kamniška Bistrica, north of Trzin. Both stages scored for the Autumn TrailO, which hosted also the Slovenian PreO Championships 2016, being organized by the local club OK Trzin. The last stage (PreO) scored for the Croatia-Italy-Slovenia Trophy 2016.
TrailO's great reference and 5th ranked in the TempO Final of the recent World Trail Orienteering Championships (Strömstad, Sweden), the Slovenian Krešo Keresteš (OK Trzin) was the winner of the first day, finishing the TempO stage with a total of 182 seconds, corresponding to the total time spent in the five timed stations, without penalty. In a stage that had Mateja Keresteš as the course setter, the Croatian Ivica Bertol and Tomislav Varnica, both representing OK Vihor, finished in the following positions, with over 60 seconds and 72 seconds, respectively, than the winner. Drawn by Marco Giovannini, the PreO stage that ended the event saw four athletes complete the race with equal score, counting by correct answers the 20 control points of the course. Fastest in the timed controls, the Italian Renato Bettin (Orienteering Swallows) was the big winner with 20 seconds and an advantage of 6 seconds over Ivica Bertol, again second placed. The Croatian Dalibor Perković finished in the third position and Krešo Keresteš was ranked fourth. Thanks to the results achieved, Krešo Keresteš could celebrate the achievement of the Slovenian PreO title.
With just two rounds of the Croatia-Italy-Slovenia Trophy 2016 to go - 13th Feud Cup, Croatia and the Slovenian TempO Championships -, the Italian Remo Madella (Vivaio) remains firmly in the lead of the ranking with 591.98 points, but he saw his most direct opponents come closer after the Slovenian stage. With 582.31 points, Ivica Bertol follows now in the second place while the third place is owned by Tomislav Varnica with 580.90 points.
1. Krešo Keresteš (OK Trzin) 182 seconds
2. Ivica Bertol (OK Vihor) 242 seconds
3. Tomislav Varnica (OK Vihor) 254 seconds
4. Ján Furucz (Farmaceut Bratislava) 258 seconds
5. Emil Kacin (OK Azimut) 274 seconds
1. Renato Bettin (Orienteering Swallows) 20 points / 20 seconds
2. Ivica Bertol (OK Vihor) 20 points / 26 seconds
3. Dalibor Perković (OK Medimurje) 20 points / 94 seconds
4. Krešo Keresteš (OK Trzin) 20 points / 97 seconds
5. Emil Kacin (OK Azimut) 19 points / 19 seconds
1. Krešo Keresteš (OK Trzin) 198,64 points
2. Ivica Bertol (OK Vihor) 195,34 points
3. Tomislav Varnica (OK Vihor) 189,67 points
4. Renato Bettin (Orienteering Swallows) 189,15 points
5. Ján Furucz (Farmaceut Bratislava) 188,39 points
Complete results and further information at http://www.oktrzin-klub.si/sl/dp-preo-2016.html.