Present in the last five editions of the World Trail Orienteering Championships, the Hong Kong team performed modestly once again. The most positive achievement was in the TempO, where Hong Kong placed two elements for the first time ever into the Final and Kwok-Wai Cheung, finishing 18th, got the best result ever of an Hong Kong athlete in this format. The goal continues to focus on the experience that one can take from a high level event like this, even more when Hong Kong has just been appointed to organize the World Trail Orienteering Championships in 2020.
+ It's hard not to elect Kwok-Wai Cheung as the great figure of Hong Kong in this Championships, especially after the 18th place achieved in the TempO final.
- Taking part in the Championships for the fourth year in a row, Chi Hin Luk got in Strömstad his worst result ever in PreO. Also the performance in the TempO race was below the expectations, getting him away from the final.
17. Kwok-Wai Cheung 319 seconds
30. Chun-Ho Ho 405,5 seconds
15. Man Fai Timothy Kwong 294,5 seconds
30. Chi Hin Luk 432,5 seconds
18. Kwok-Wai Cheung 372,5 seconds
35. Man Fai Timothy Kwong 467 seconds
40. Chun-Ho Ho 42 points / 225,5 seconds
55. Chi Hin Luk 38 points / 180 seconds
59. Man Fai Timothy Kwong 34 points / 100 seconds
16. Hong Kong 511,5 seconds
Chun-Ho Ho (6 points / 85,5 seconds)
Man Fai Timothy Kwong (7 points / 108,5 seconds)
Kwok-Wai Cheung (5 points / 137,5 seconds)