Always present since the first edition of the World Trail Orienteering Championships, the United States recorded in Strömstad modest results, at all similar to those achieved in 2015, in Croatia. Despite the empathy with this participation, it is clear that the United States Trail Orienteering stagnated and that, without taking action, is doomed to disappear. The word is of appreciation for the personal effort of each team member and the message encloses an appeal to renewal, adopting strategies that, once and for all, make of Trail Orienteering an attractive discipline within the American orienteers.
+ Like in 2015, Clare Durand reached the best position in the team, both in PreO and TempO.
- Trying TrailO at this level for the first time, Daniel Heimgartner didn't escape to the last position in the PreO competition, Paralympic class.
25. Clare Durand 375,5 seconds
35. Sharon Crawford 539 seconds
27. Mika Latva-Kokko 409 seconds
35. Daniel Heimgartner 766,5 seconds
44. Clare Durand 41 points / 148 seconds
53. Mikka Latva-Kokko 38 points / 122 seconds
57. Sharon Crawford 38 points / 217 seconds
20. David Irving 37 points / 389,5 seconds
38. Daniel Heimgartner 17 points / 410 seconds
15. United States 486,5 seconds
Mika Latva-Kokko (5 points / 77 seconds)
Sharon Crawford (7 points / 119,5 seconds)
Clare Durand (6 points / 110 seconds)