Thierry Gueorgiou and Svetlana Mironova started the Aguiar da Beira O' Meeting in the best way, winning the Middle Distance WRE, held this morning. In the last international event of the winter season in Portugal, tight victories of the favourites in a strong start field.
Confirming his favouritism, Thierry Gueorgiou (Kalevan Rasti) won the Middle Distance WRE stage that opened the Aguiar da Beira O' Meeting 2017. Held this morning in Aguiar da Beira North, in a very technical brand new map, the race was extraordinarily fast and competitive, with mere five seconds separating the first two athletes in the final standings. Searching for improving his shape in the Middle Distance, Gueorgiou needed 37:32 to complete the 6.8 kilometers of his course, achieving a good triumph over Olav Lundanes (Paimion Rasti), second placed. In the third position, 1:47 after the winner, stood out Albin Ridefelt (OK Linné).
After some less good results in the Portugal O' Meeting one week ago, Svetlana Mironova (Koovee) was able to be faster than any one this time, finishing the 5.4 km of her course with 41:20. Her team mate, Ulrika Uotila, did a great job, achieving the second place, 32 seconds after the winner. Ekaterina Nikitina (Rehns BK) got the third position with the time of 41:35.
1. Thierry Gueorgiou (Kalevan Rasti) 37:32 (+ 00:00)
2. Olav Lundanes (Paimion Rasti) 37:37 (+ 00:05)
3. Albin Ridefelt (OK Linné) 39:19 (+ 01:47)
4. Aaro Asikainen (Kalevan Rasti) 39:43 (+ 02:11)
5. Timo Sild (Koovee) 40:23 (+ 02:51)
1. Svetlana Mironova (Koovee) 40:48 (+ 00:00)
2. Ulrika Uotila (Koovee) 41:20 (+ 00:32)
3. Ekaterina Nikitina (Rehns BK) 41:35 (+ 00:47)
4. Heini Saarimäki (Angelniemen Ankkuri) 42:03 (+ 01:15)
5. Inga Dambe (Paimion Rasti) 42:21 (+ 01:33)
Complete results and further information at http://abom2017.ori-estarreja.pt/en/.